Last Updated: August 2nd, 2022
2. This policy describes the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit ridedesigns.com, aspenseating.com, ridenews.blog, rideuniversityonline.thinkific.com or any Aspen Seating or Ride Designs mobile, tablet and other smart device applications, such as the RideWorks® app, or application program interfaces, including all content, functionality and services offered by us (all collectively our “Site”), whether as a guest or a registered user, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing your information.
(a) This policy applies to information that we collect:
(i) on our Site; and
(ii) in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us, or our Site.
(b) This policy does not apply to information collected by:
(i) us offline or through any other means, including on any other Site operated by Aspen Seating or any third party; or
(ii) any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Site.
B. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use our Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
C. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
1. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
(a) by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, business or home location address, email address, telephone number, activities, interests, memberships, or any other identifier by which you may be identified or contacted online or offline (your “personal information”); and/or
(b) about your credentials used to access our Site, certain functionality on our Site, your internet connection, operating system and version, network type, advertising identifier, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
2. We collect this information:
(a) directly from you when you provide it to us;
(b) automatically as you navigate through our Site or subscribe to our services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, network information, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
(c) from third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers that provide data to Aspen Seating as necessary for us provide products or services to you or on your behalf, or that you have authorized to provide data to Aspen Seating (collectively “Your Service Providers”).
D. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
1. The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
(a) Information that you or Your Service Providers provide by filling in forms or requesting information on our Site. This includes information provided at the time you or Your Service Providers access our Site, register to use our Site, download information or material, request further information, or register and pay for our Certification Courses. We may also ask you or Your Service Providers for information when you report a problem with our Site or with our products.
(b) Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us or respond to correspondence from us.
(c) Your responses to surveys or questionnaires that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
(d) Details of transactions or activities you carry out through our Site.
(e) Your search queries on our Site.
E. INFORMATION WE GATHER VIA AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES.
1. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to gather certain information about your computer equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
(a) details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on our Site; and
(b) information about your mobile device or computer, your network or internet connection, including your IP address and advertising identifier, operating system, and browser type.
2. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party Sites or other online services.
3. We may maintain automatically-collected information or associate it with your personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Collecting this information helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
(a) Understand usage patterns.
(b) Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
(c) Speed up your searches.
(d) Recognize you when you return to our Site.
4. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
(b) Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that may permit Aspen Seating, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
1. Some content or applications on our Site are served by third parties, including service providers that help us with the automatic data collection described above (which providers may also support ad networks and servers), content providers, and application providers. These third parties may use
cookies, alone or in conjunction with web beacons or other tracking technologies, to collect information about you when you use our Site. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different Sites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
2. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about such activities, an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the section titled “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION” below.
G. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. We, or our service providers, use information that we collect about you, or that you or Your Service Providers provide to us, including any personal information:
(a) To present our Site and its contents to you.
(b) To provide information, products, or services that you or Your Service Providers request from us.
(c) To perform analytics, machine learning and other technical assessments to improve or expand our services, processing platforms, databases and database management, and customer service offerings.
(d) To fulfill any other purpose for which you or Your Service Providers provide your information to us.
(e) To provide you with notices about your account.
(f) To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you or Your Service Providers and us, including for billing and collection.
(g) To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we provide information about or offer to sell though our Site.
(h) To contact you about Aspen Seating products or services that may be of interest to you.
(i) To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
(j) If you have difficulties getting our Site or services to work as desired, to assist us and you in helping to identify the root cause of your problem.
(k) In any other way we may describe at the time you provide the information to us.
(l) For any other purpose with your consent.
H. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
(a) to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
(b) to contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business;
(c) to anyone you have authorized to provide your data to us;
(d) to a potential buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Aspen Seating’s assets which occurs for any reason, in which your personal information held by our Site users might be among the assets transferred;
(e) to fulfill the purpose for which you or Your Service Providers provide the information to us;
(f) for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information to us; and
(g) with your consent.
3. We may also disclose your personal information:
(a) to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory requirement;
(c) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aspen Seating, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
I. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
1. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
(b) Promotional Offers from Aspen Seating. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by Aspen Seating or our service providers to promote our products or services, you may opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you an unwanted promotional email, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the email, or forward that unwanted email to us at email@example.com, asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to or by Aspen Seating as a result of Aspen Seating providing services to you or Your Service Providers or other transactions.
(c) Push Notifications. We may deliver notifications to your mobile device. You can disable these notifications by deleting the relevant service or by changing the settings on your mobile device or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(d) Sale of Personal Information. We do not sell personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
J. ACCESSING, CORRECTING, DELETING OR RESTRICTING YOUR INFORMATION
K. YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
Your state’s laws may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your specific state rights please contact us at email@example.com.
L. NON-U.S. RESIDENTS.
Our services, the Site and its servers are operated in the United States. If you are a resident of a country or jurisdiction outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information will be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located
where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you choose to use our Site or services or authorize Your Service Providers to disclose your personal information to us, you hereby consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
Aspen Seating agrees to reasonable and appropriate security controls designed to meet obligations it has to entities subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”). You may direct any inquiries related to our security controls to firstname.lastname@example.org.
M. DATA SECURITY
1. We and our service providers have implemented measures designed to help us keep your personal information secure from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or a wireless network is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or from our Site or via email. Any transmission of your personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Site.
2. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you have a password to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We may request that you change your password from time to time. We are not responsible for any loss of data, data corruption, or otherwise unauthorized access.
N. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
P. CONTACT INFORMATION